If you have a YouTube channel, in which you have been uploading content more or less constantly, it is likely that you need to delete videos from YouTube because they have become obsolete or are no longer in tune with what you intend to convey on your channel.
Or you may have found something you don’t like on the platform and want it to disappear…
Either of these two situations can be solved before you consider how to delete a YouTube account.
Is it possible to delete videos from YouTube?
If you want to know how to delete a video from YouTube, we have good news for you! In this article we are going to explain how to delete a video from your YouTube channel step by step and in the easiest way possible, whether you do it from the mobile application or from the website itself.
Do you also want to know how to remove a YouTube video uploaded by someone else?
In this case, the process may be a little more complicated because it will not depend entirely on our action, since YouTube will be the one who will finally decide whether to proceed to its elimination or not, but we also tell you what you can do about it.
In these other articles of our blog we talked about how to delete your videos on TikTok, how to delete a video on Vimeo or how to delete a video on Twitch, which are channels where you may be considering doing the same.
Want to know how to delete videos on YouTube? Keep reading!
What happens if you delete a video from YouTube?
This may be the first question you ask yourself before deleting your videos.
Basically, what will happen once you decide to delete a video is that it will disappear publicly from the platform and anywhere in the world where it has been shared, appearing the message “video not found”.
Deleting the video also deletes all comments, votes and YouTube search engine rankings. In other words, if you uploaded the same video again, everything would start from zero.
Having clarified this point, let’s look at the two most common cases when deleting a video on YouTube.
How to delete a video from your YouTube channel?
As we mentioned before, if you have a YouTube channel and you have realized or decided that some of your videos should go to a better life, the steps to follow are very simple.
Let’s see how to do it:
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Then you have to access “YouTube Studio” which is usually on the right side of the home page.
- Go to the “Channel Videos” section in the list on the left.
- Now search for the video you want to delete.
- Place the cursor over it, click on the three vertical dots on the right and click on “Delete permanently”.
- If you want to delete many videos at once and do not want to repeat the process, mark the videos you want to delete by checking the box on the left. In the top right menu, under More actions, click “Delete permanently”.
If you want to delete a video from your YouTube channel from your phone or tablet, the first thing you should do is download the YouTube app available for Android and iOS and follow these steps:
- After downloading and installing the application, you need to Sign in to YouTube and also sign in to your Google account.
- Tap the image at the top right and click on the Video item in the top menu.
- Identify the video you want to delete and click on the three vertical dots.
- Select Delete and click Accept to confirm the deletion.
Possible alternative: leave it private or hide it.
If you are not entirely sure that you want to delete any of your videos, another possible option is to set them to “private” or “hidden”. With the “private” option, you and the people you want to share it with will be able to see it. With the “hidden” option, the video can be viewed by those who have the access link.
To mark a video with one of these options, simply go to “YouTube Studio” and then to “Videos”. In the “Visibility” column of the post you want to modify, you only need to choose one of the two alternatives to prevent the post from remaining available to everyone on YouTube.
How to remove a YouTube video uploaded by someone else?
It is one of the most common questions that are usually asked when it comes to the YouTube platform and, as you can see below, it is a really simple process.
It is possible to report a YouTube video that you want to be deleted and that belongs to someone else’s channel, and you can do it both from your smartphone or tablet and from a computer.
- Log in to YouTube.
- Find the video you want to delete and click on the three dots on the right.
- Look for the word Report, click on it and indicate the reason for the request.
- It will be up to YouTube to decide whether or not to remove it.
We can also delete a video from YouTube in a more specific way and indicating precise data about the deletion, such as if we are facing a case of defamation.
We would do it through this link where you will find an image like the one you see below and you will have to follow the steps.
In this article we would like to show you in detail what you can do if you want to delete a video from YouTube, not only because you are interested in doing so within your own channel, but also because you may have seen a video on someone else’s channel that should not be there and that, in some way, may be affecting your online reputation and you want to know what to do to request its removal.
If you have any questions or would like us to help you with a specific situation or case you are going through, please do not hesitate to contact us or leave us a comment with your question. We will get back to you as soon as possible.